Re: multiple repeats

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: multiple repeats
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:21:40 +0100

Unfortunately, you have to do it yourself (one reason is that there is no real typesetting standard on how to do it). See the section on "Manual repeat commands".

  /Mats

Quoting Matthew Simpson <address@hidden>:

I have a 4 bar passage that repeats 5 times (i.e., ||: <4 bars> :|| x
5) with no alternate endings.  I'm engraving this with the "repeat
volta" syntax, specifying that it's played 5 times, yet the output
only has the standard double bars (meaning play twice).  Can lilypond
somehow automatically list the number of repeat times, or do I have to
manually include that text above the repeat bar?

Or, Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks a lot!  (Oh, I should probably add that I've just started using
Lilypond!)