Re: Ugly volta brackets

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Ugly volta brackets
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:44:16 +0100

It is much easier to answer questions like these if you include an example
(short but complete so it can be ran directly through LilyPond)
of the LilyPond code that you used. Then anybody on the mailing list
who has an idea can quickly test it. Now, I would need to spend maybe
10 minutes to first try to recreate your vbbad example before I can start
testing some ideas on how to solve your problems.

For question 3, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-02/msg00502.html

  /Mats

Dominic Neumann wrote:
Hi,

when using volta brackets together with chordnames it doesnt look good to me.
There are three problems:

1.) The font of the bracket numbers (1., 2., ...) doesnt look good. I
want it to be the same font as the one that is used for chordnames. In
addition the baseline of the chordnames should be the baseline of the
bracket numbers to look good.

2.) The vertical lines of the volta brackets should also go down to
the baseline of the chordnames.

3.) At the right end of volta bracket there´s no vertical line. Why?

I´ve added two images to this mail:
vbbad.jpg shows the current situation produces by lilypond
vbgood.jpg shows an example from printed music that looks good to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dominic

        Mats Bengtsson