divisi lyrics

From: Christopher A. LaFond
Subject: divisi lyrics
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:24:10 -0400

Has anyone written a detailed explanation of the code for divisi lyrics? I
have studied the example in the manual, and while I can cut and
substitute, I just don't understand it well enough to adapt it more
thoroughly for what I'm doing. The example in the manual gives everything
in the score section, but that's not the way most files are set up.

Here is the code in the manual:

You can use this trick to display different lyrics for a repeated section.
\score{ <<
\new Voice = "melody" \relative c' {
c2 e | g e | c1 |
\new Voice = "verse" \repeat volta 2 {c4 d e f | g1 | }
a2 b | c1}
\new Lyrics = "mainlyrics" \lyricsto melody \lyricmode {
do mi sol mi do
la si do }
\context Lyrics = "mainlyrics" \lyricsto verse \lyricmode {
do re mi fa sol }
\new Lyrics = "repeatlyrics" \lyricsto verse \lyricmode {
dodo rere mimi fafa solsol }

          °
Chris    °
           °