figured base with suspensions

From: Alan Jones
Subject: figured base with suspensions
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:11:03 -0800

Hi,
I'm trying to use lilypond to prepare homework for my first
year theory class, so the figured base feature is of interest
to me.  However, my text book and teacher use base figures
with suspensions, e.g .:
   6
2-3
... for first inversion triad with base voice 2-3 suspension.
I've tried using mutiple base figures spaced on 32'nd note
intervals, however the vertical allignment doesn't work very
well.  Is there anyone who has already looked into this that
has a better solution?
Alan