Re: How to show chord symbols inside a staff?

From: iainduncan
Subject: Re: How to show chord symbols inside a staff?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:53:05 -0700

Quoting Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> Do you mean that the chord symbols should be printed
> overwriting the staff lines? Do you have any example
> that you can refer to (preferably a link to some web page)?

When I took jazz theory and arranging at university we used to do symbols on top
and roman numerals in the bar lines, a really handy way of laying out a chart
for improvising. You can easily see the chords and a reminder of their context.
That would be dead cool to be able to score in lilypond, but might be a bit of a
fringe case ...

Thanks for your tips Mats!
iain