Re: Stanza numbering looks ugly

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Re: Stanza numbering looks ugly
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:02:36 +0100

I too would like to know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Joe

On 22/04/07, Dominic Neumann <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I´m trying to typeset songs with different verses. When the refrain
comes before the verses, the stanza numbers don´t get enough place.
They are printed right onto the last syllables of the refrain. Where
can I find some help in the manual? I couldn´t find the right place -
or maybe you can help?

Example code:

%%% BEGIN %%%
\version "2.10.20"

refrain = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = "Refr. "
    this is a test, yes "it´s" a test
}
verseOne = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = "1. "
    verse num -- ber one will soon be gone
}
verseTwo = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = "2. "
    verse num -- ber two da dee da doo
}

refrSkip = { \repeat unfold 8 { \skip 4 } }
\score {
    {
        <<
        \relative c'' {

            g4 g g g | a a a a |

            b b b b | d c d c

            \bar "|."
        }
        \addlyrics { \refrain \verseOne }
        \addlyrics { \refrSkip \verseTwo }

As an attachment you can find the output.

Dominic