Re: problems with repeats-doc, was: afterGrace

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: problems with repeats-doc, was: afterGrace
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:40:00 +0300

I would prefer the second one as being more "norm" -- though the first one is also completely understandable.
If we would choose the second one I would suggest to replace the paragraph before with something like:

"The next example shows a volta repeat with a partial measure. Note that the upbeat is excluded from the repeat
but present inside the first volta bracket. The second volta bracket contains a complete measure, but the last
measure of the piece is shortened due to the partial measure at the beginning. See also @ref{Partial measures}
for this convention. The partial measure doesn't affect the repeat."

But then -- as I wrote this it appeared to me that this is nothing new nor extra, so would it be better to skip the whole
example, because it doesn't introduce anything new?

Till