Getting Started

From: bridget fox
Subject: Getting Started
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:36:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, I followed all the instructions, and have received the part saying

Welcome to LilyPond

Congratulations, LilyPond has been installed successfully.

Now to take it for the first test run.

  1. Save this LilyPond file on your desktop.

  2. Pick it up from the desktop with your mouse pointer, drag and drop
     it onto the LilyPond icon.

  3. LilyPond automatically produces a PDF file from the musical scale

  4. To print or view the result, click on the newly produced file called

That's it.  For more information, visit .

  title = "A scale in LilyPond"

  c d e f g a b c

\version "2.10.0"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.

But, now I can't seem to get into the programme - I have all the symbols on my
desktop, but none of them gets me any further than the above.  PLEASE HELP!!!