Re: moving notes on x-axis

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: moving notes on x-axis
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:40:00 +0200

Now I see what you mean. I don't know the exact details
of the collision avoidance mechanisms in LilyPond, but
I'm sure that this extra displacement to the right is done
intentionally to provide a pleasing layout.

  /Mats

Tao Cumplido wrote:

Hey Mats,

of course I know that if two notes are a second apart one is moved a little to
keep readability (that's what you mean right?).
But in my example in the second voice, both notes are moved a little to the
right (still being a readable second) in comparison to the melody and the notes
in the lower staff.

Well, I hope that was more clear now.

regards,

Tao