Polyphonic rests

From: Claus Rogge
Subject: Polyphonic rests
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:08:54 +0200

Hello all,

I haven´t had any questions for a long time because your answers here
were so good (just in case anyone was wondering where this stoopid has
been hiding ;)

I´ve set a piece with 3 parts on one system, not uncommon for classical
guitar music. Now any rests in voice two, that I want to appear in the
middle of the system, show up below voice 3 which is the bass.

Do I have to use \rest {a8} or similar on every single rest? Or can I
configure this somewhere (like \stemDown in the beginning of voice 3)?

The other thing I haven´t been able to solve browsing the manual is
this: I get hundreds of "Warning: Too many colliding rests" when running
the file. It compiles allright, but the rests are not treated in a
polyphonic way as I want it to.

How do I do that?

--
My new CD "Know Greed":