Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:55:51 +0200

Le jeudi 28 juin 2007 à 16:31 +0200, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> my son is currently in Taiwan, and he has installed both lilypond and
> jedit, running under a Chinese Windows XP.  However, the error and
> warning messages he gets are bad, for example:
>
>   正在處理 ‘%s’
>   分析中...
>   Interpreting music... [8][16]
>   bratschensonate-klavII.ily:154:44: 警告: barcheck 失敗,位置在:%s
>
> Note the `%s'.  What should he do to get English (or German) error and
> warning messages?

If the comand jEdit uses to call lilypond is parsed by a shell,

LANG= lilypond ...

or

LANG=de lilypond ...

should work.  If it doesn't, set the environment variable LANG
permanently in 'My Computer' (the icon showing a computer on desktop)
properties.

If German messages show incorrectly in Windows console, try to prefix
lilypond command line with

chcp 65001 &&

to enable UTF-8.  This trick has been reported by a French user; I don't
know how it works in jEdit.

Cheers,
John