RE: Hiding whole measure rests from conductor score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: RE: Hiding whole measure rests from conductor score
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:01:52 +0200

Quoting Steve Schow <address@hidden>:

If you mean this is the answer:

"When skipBars is set, the result will look OK, but the bar numbering will be off."

What do you mean that the bar numbering will be off. A multimeasure
rest is counted as the corresponding number of measures, so the bar numbering will be exactly the same no matter if skipBars is
set or not.

I already found that out from reading the manual, but I am trying to figure out a work-around. Also, what about the notion of the part sheets showing mm rests while the conductor score just shows empty measures?

One answer is provided in section "Hiding staves". Another answer
is provided in section "Different editions from one source", which shows how to get for example R1*5 in the instrumental parts and s1*5
in the full score, from the same LilyPond code.

  /Mats