Merging scores in one pdf

From: sdfhsdfhsdfhs
Subject: Merging scores in one pdf
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:44:29 -0700 (PDT)

is it possible to merge several choirstaff in one pdf, each with its title,
subtitle, instrument name, ... ?
"book" seems to split one .ly into several .pdf; but i have to do the
opposite: several .ly (or one big .ly) into one .pdf.

I tried to merge them with a pdf file merging tool, but it has two major
inconvenients:
1) the resulting pdf is much bigger than the sum of all initial pdfs.
2) if i merge 40 scores that are each 1.25 page long, the resulting pdf will
contain 40x2=80 pages instead of 40x1.25=50.

I did not find anything in the forum about it.