Re: Tremolo won't produce desired output

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Tremolo won't produce desired output
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:49:05 +0100

Hi Mats,

On 7/17/07, Mats Bengtsson < address@hidden> wrote:
This is a known bug in LilyPond, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2007-06/msg00112.html

However, as you can see in that email, it's easy to get the desired
output, just use
\repeat tremolo 4 { c32. e32. }

Unfortunately that's even worse - it produces output similar to what I posted above, but with hemidemisemiquaver barring.

After a bit of experimenting, the best I can come up with is this,

\version "2.10.25"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
\relative c'' {
    \time 3/8
    c4.*1/8
    \override Stem #'stencil = ##f
    \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
    e32 e f f
    \revert Stem #'stencil
    \revert NoteHead #'transparent
    e4.*1/8 s16 s32*3 |
}

which isn't very satisfactory.

Surely there's a simpler and more elegant solution?

Regards,
Neil