Re: Creating music with Scheme - can this be done in a simpler way?

From: Alard de Boer
Subject: Re: Creating music with Scheme - can this be done in a simpler way?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:43:24 +0200

On 11/07/07, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> Thanks for your solution! It works fine on its own, but I'm having
> trouble using it for something like
>
>     \applyMusic #transform {
>         << \pedalMotif { c } { s4-\< s2. s4-\! } >>
>     }
>
> which fails to compile:
>
> GNU LilyPond 2.10.25
> Processing `test.ly'
> Parsing...ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

A solution would be to place the function inside the polyphonic section,
i.e.

<< { \applyMusic #transform {
        \pedalMotif { g, }
        }
    } \\ { s4-\< s2. s4-\! }

or

<< { \applyMusic #transform {
        \pedalMotif { g, }
    \new Voice { s4-\< s2. s4-\! }

Regards,
Neil

I added my original music function to the LSR; it's not the most
beautiful code but it is the easiest to use I think.

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=302

--
Groeten,
Alard.