Re: Trouble with lilypond-book on Mac OS X

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Re: Trouble with lilypond-book on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:17:42 +0200

Yes, I'm quite unfamiliar with command-line tools, and I never really needed any.

A good introduction to the command line and how to set PATH etc. is at http://www.osxfaq.com/Tutorials/LearningCenter/

You will need to set the path in a file called .login in your home directory. You can create this in any text editor (e.g. EMacs.) Incidentally, I use EMacs to edit my Lilypond files precisely for that reason - that it gives you cursor position information (as well as being generally a nicer environment to work in.)

Hope this helps,
Vivian.