Re: How to stop LyricExtender-lines?

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Re: How to stop LyricExtender-lines?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:01:21 +0200

2007/8/2, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 schrieb Dominic Neumann:
> > i´ve got the following snippet producing the output you can see in the
> > attached image file.
> > How can I set that the lyric extender line of the 2nd vers stops where
> > the one of the 1st verse stopped?
>
> My hackish workaround for these things is:
>

> > \addlyrics { \verseOne \refrain }
> > \addlyrics { \verseTwo }
>
>  \addlyrics { \verseTwo "" }

Ok, this works good and is easy to add. When compiling I get the error
or warning:
"Programmierfehler: can't align on self: empty element"
But it works as expected.

> On the other hand, the Extender_engraver
> (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Extender_005fengraver)
> has a user readable bool property extendersOverRests. The better solution
> would be to set this to ##f, but I don't know where I can set this!

Don´t know, too. But this would not help, if there´s no rest but
another note, like in this modified example:

%%%%%% START %%%%%%

\version "2.10.25"

refrain = \lyricmode {
    tes -- ti yeah.