Re: part-wise vs. time-wise

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: part-wise vs. time-wise
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:28:21 -0700

See 6.4.9 Writing music in parallel.
- Graham

Thomas Aquinas wrote:
Hi,

I am new to lilypond and I have a very basic question - is there any way to
encode a composition chronologically, event-by-event?  Something like the
musicxml time-wise format, where each measure is defined one voice at a time
before going on to the next measure.  Or is the \score statement necessarily
a complete rundown of each part, one at a time?  If so, is there a
workaround?

Thank you,
Sandeep