Re: Problem(s) with lilypond-book or lilypond itself

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Re: Problem(s) with lilypond-book or lilypond itself
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 01:21:13 +0200

2007/8/6, Laura Conrad <address@hidden>:

>     Dominic> But now I tried to compile a bigger songbook with nearly
>     Dominic> 100 lilypond songs in it.
>
> I have books that size that compile with no problem.
>

>     Dominic> The lilypondfiles itself all compiled when I tested
>     Dominic> them. The error message I get from lilypond(-book)
>     Dominic> doesn´t help me finding the error.  Do you have an idea
>     Dominic> what the problem could be?
>
> Have you tried just doing lilypond-book again?  I haven't had the
> problem lately, but I know in the past, you sometimes needed two runs
> of lilypond-book to get all the systems built in a large book.

Of course, I've tried this - without any success.
So if there´s no hint here, the only way I see is to start from a book
with one song and increase the number of songs step by step to see if
any of the songs makes problems ...

>     Dominic> PS: I´m running LilyPond 2.10.25 on a recent Debian
>     Dominic> installation. My LaTeX package is TeX Live.
>

> I was thinking of asking whether anyone was using TeX Live with
> lilypond-book.  I'm still using tetex, because I've been worrying
> about breaking my lilypond-book stuff, but of course I'd rather
> upgrade.

When I setup this system I wanted to have TeX Live, because there
won´t be any new tetex releases. But I don´t think there´s a problem
with TeX Live, my other books work without any problem on TeX Live - I
don´t think this problem here is related to the TeX system.

Dominic