Re: staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:17:48 -0400

Hi Reinhold,

How can I force lilypond to show the bass clef at the staff,
and then before the first note to show the tenor clef?

This (attached below) is an ugly hack, but it appears to do what you want... I find it interesting that Lilypond sees around a "zero-skip" (e.g., replacing the grace note with an s8*0). =)

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
____________________

\version "2.10.25"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

bassThenTenor = \relative c'
{
        %%  Start with a bass clef
                \clef bass
        %%  Use a grace skip (has the least effect on Score timing)
                \grace s64
        %%  Adjust the Clef to compensate for spacing
                \once \override Staff.Clef #'X-extent = #'(-2 . 2.5)
        %%  Put in the tenor clef and continue...
                \clef tenor c4
}

\score { \bassThenTenor }