Re: Alignment problem with RehearsalMark

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Alignment problem with RehearsalMark
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:54:37 +0200

Neil Puttock wrote:

I've just encountered another problem - clef changes skew the rehearsal mark positioning to the left of the bar-line:

That's since the default setting for the break-align-symbols property of the
RehearsalMark objects is #'(staff-bar clef), which gives the desired layout
if the rehearsal mark appears at a line break.

  /Mats
\version "2.11.30 "
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
one = {    R1 \mark \default R \mark \default R }
two = {    R1 \clef bass R R }
\score {
    \new GrandStaff <<
    \context Staff = one \one
    \context Staff = two \two

    \layout {
        \context { \Score
            \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \remove "Mark_engraver"
        }
        \context { \Staff
            \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \consists "Mark_engraver"

I'm afraid to say that the mark engraver's unusable when moved to the \Staff context. It's rather unfortunate, since it's common for orchestral scores to have rehearsal marks at the top of the score and above the First Violins.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology