A nice article by Alex Roitman on linux.com

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: A nice article by Alex Roitman on linux.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:26:32 +0200

Hello everybody,

While reading today's "Distrowatch Weekly", I've just seen amongst the
"Rootly links" column, this link:
"Editing music scores with free software"
http://www.rootly.com/topics/technology/linux_unix/Editing_music_scores_with_free_software/

I immediately followed the link, wondering, as usual "will they
mention LilyPond this time?" (which "they" usually don't, because
linux-music-software topics are often more sound-editing oriented and
don't bother with scores)... and found gladly this (rather short) post
by Alex Roitman:
http://www.linux.com/feature/118302

Not only does he mention LilyPond, but it is his first item!
"It is a stable and mature application that produces beautiful output,
optimizing the layout to look as close as possible to manual music
engraving." He also mentions the "excellent" tutorial...

The bottom line? "Free software offers a diverse and mature set of
applications for editing music scores". I don't completely agree,
though, with his next assumption: "Users of all these programs
[NoteEdit, RoseGarden,Denemo] will benefit from the LilyPond engraving
quality, as most of the applications use LilyPond as the rendering
back end."

But this is quite an excellent article, which is always good for the
LilyPond community...

Regards,
Valentin