Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 76

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 76
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:03:18 +0200

Michael Sperone wrote:
Thanks Neil,
I was able set the 4/4 time signature in the /layout section, but as for setting other global settings, I can't seem to figure them out.

I'd like to be able to set modern style accidentals, and.. .well I can't think of anything else right now off the top of my head, but I'd like to be able to fix anything I want for the whole score at once.
Setting the accidental styles works differently than most other settings.
As you have already noticed, you can unfortunately not use
#(set-accidental-style 'modern)
in a \layout block, only together with the music. Actually, this call to the
function set-accidental-style corresponds to a number of property settings.
By checking the implementation of this function, I found out that the "modern"
style corresponds to the following setting:

\layout{
 \context{
   \Staff
%%% Equivalent to #(set-accidental-style 'modern) :
autoAccidentals = #'(Staff (same-octave . 0) (any-octave . 0) (same-octave . 1))

PS... how come my posts are coming up only as attachments in the digest?
Probably since your email program is configured to send emails in HTML format
(sometimes refered to as "Rich text").

  /Mats