padding

From: Julian Vincent
Subject: padding
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 13:41:44 +0100

Using Lilypad v. 2.10.29, I have some notes (d above the treble stave) which have fingerings above them, and the ottavo instruction as well. Fingerings and ottavo are competing for the same space. How can I separate them? I can't see a suitable \set instruction, and I can't see how to turn off the command which positions fingering numbers to one side of the note. Also, I need to indicate that a number of notes need to be played on a particular string. How can I extend the string-number symbol to indicate more than one note. The other thing which is driving me potty (though trial and error solve it) is the positioning of the notes using ' and , and how long each instruction lasts. I think I'm getting the hang of it . . .
I'd be grateful for some help . . .

Julian Vincent

Laburnum Cottage
48 Frome Road