Re: GTK and LilyPond

From: Mark Dewey
Subject: Re: GTK and LilyPond
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:46:51 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/11, Mark Dewey <address@hidden>:
Anyway, whenever I install LilyPond, GIMP doesn't work anymore because of
something to do with this.

I don't know which GTK applications you're using, but the opposite
could be done easily, i.e. standard LilyPond installation, *but*
instead of using a GTK installation, you can use a portable version of
every other GTK application you need:
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/pidgin_portable
http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable
etc...

I was mostly needing it for GIMP, so this information should help out a lot.
Once in a while, though, I come across something else I need it for, but I
don't remember what off hand (whatever the case, it's not as important as GIMP,
at the moment).

I've noticed that the computer freezing thing hasn't repeated (maybe it was a
one-time thing)—though I'm sure installing another version of LilyPond will
still do the same thing (if I don't install the bundled GIMP/GTK).

Thanks!

- Mark