Re: GDP: fourth rearrangement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: fourth rearrangement
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:23:36 -0700

Neil Puttock wrote:
On 9/14/07, *Graham Percival* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    No; we should use "staff" and "staves".  One of the instructions for the
    Trivial/Easy will be to fix any such mistakes.

Hmm... I'm detecting a distinctly American bias here.

As a Canadian, I always try to write good English, not that other language. Other than "-ise". "-ize" looks much cooler, since it has a "z" in it. :)

I wonder whether there's space for a Queen's English translation. ;)

Really? Do people across the pond say "staffs" ? It sounds like the kind of thing an American would come up with.

- Graham