Re: Placing ornaments, logo's

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Placing ornaments, logo's
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:31:36 +0200

"Marek Klein" <address@hidden> writes:

> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-08/msg00336.html>

Yes, this is what I'm currently using. However I needed quite some
fiddling to get the logo on the page, above the header since LilyPond
always assoumes the eps occupies space at the spot where included.

For example, a logo that is 20mm high will produce 20mm spacing in the
header even though it is translated to somewhere else (higher) on the
page.

My current (working, but not very satisfying) solution is:

  logo = \markup {
    \with-dimensions #(cons 0 20) #(cons 0 0) {
      \translate #(cons -2 -12)
      \epsfile #0 #20 #"xploosion.eps"
  pageNo = \markup {
    \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
      \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
  }
  oddHeaderMarkup  = \markup { \fill-line { \logo   " " \pageNo } }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { \pageNo " " \logo   } }

It's not quite satisfying since I can't explain the necessary values
for \with-dimensions. Initially I considered #(cons 0 0) #(cons 0 0)
but then the image disappears completely.

That's why I was wondering if there are other (better, easier)
solutions.

If I can get this approach a bit more generic I can work out a snippet
for the LSR.

-- Johan