Re: Two problems with << ... >>: Forgetting dynamicUp and losing lyrics

From: Martial
Subject: Re: Two problems with << ... >>: Forgetting dynamicUp and losing lyrics
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:09:30 +0200

Hi,
see the section 7.3.6 Another way of entering lyrics
and try this :

%%---------------------------

\new Staff \relative c'' {
  \dynamicUp
  a\p
  <<
 {   g'4.^\f  }
  \\
  \new Voice = "vII" {  \voiceTwo c,4( b8) a }

}

\addlyrics { \set associatedVoice = #"vII"
  one two three
}

Attached is a file showing two problems I have using << >> to
temporarily split a vocal part.

1) I have set \dynamicUp but this setting is ignored within the angled
brackets.  I could put \dynamicUp inside every set angled brackets,
but is it possible to set this globally?

2) The lyrics skip the section in angled brackets.  How can I fix this?