Re: is it possible to glue two staff's together? (hymn solution)

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: is it possible to glue two staff's together? (hymn solution)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:31:35 +0200

Please let me know if this is going to be sponsored, I'd consider
participating. This all has a close relation with my problem stated
earlier in this list. I'd like e.g.
- Tell a lyrics to offset only if it is necessary, or
- Tell a lyrics to offset vertically only up to the end of the current staff, or
- Declare two or more offsets, one for the current staff and others
for the following ones, or
- Declare an offset to be collapsable or something, or
- Let all lyrics to always use the minimum required space on paper as
a whole, or ... etc.  Sorry I can't express it better. Of course this
is not only a matter of Lilypond  input syntax but surely it would
require internal hacking.

I know this all is somewhat explained in the difficult tweaks section
in the manual, but IMO it requires too much Scheme skills.