Re: Better vertical spacing in 2.11 adversely affects lyric spacing

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Better vertical spacing in 2.11 adversely affects lyric spacing
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:45:10 +0200

>Is there any possibility to make the spacing algorithm behave
>differently for
>Lyrics contexts that are included in a ChoirStaff compared to those that
>are not? That's the only way I could think of to deduce from the information >available in the .ly file if the lyrics should be centered between staves or
>should be kept close to a single stave.

I think its not that easy. I would use ChoirStaff as well for polyphonic music with only one voice per system, but as well I do songs, like the SATB example in de appendix, but with only one voice in the middle. It appeared somehow logical to me to use ChoirStaff for that two. But if we have it well enough documentated, we could have a VocalStaff and a ChoirStaff with different spacing.

Till

  /Mats