Re: Horizontal Lyric spacing in 2.11

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Horizontal Lyric spacing in 2.11
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:20:28 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 1. November 2007 schrieb Joe Neeman:
> OK, I will set VerticalAlignment #'max-stretch = 0 by default.

Great!

> This has the
> disadvantage that it will sometimes put lots of whitespace between systems,
> but that was the default in 2.10 anyway.

If you look at the attached file (which worked just fine in 2.10, of course
with lots of space **between** the systems, but still. I just let it run
through 2.11 and got these terrible results), you'll see that putting lots of
whitespace between the systems is far better than putting the whitspace
between the staves of each system...

Cheers,
Reinhold

PS: In that score, the tenors start one measure later, and their lyrics *ARE*
attached to the tenor voice, still there is lots of spacing between the
lyrics and their corresponding staff...

PS2: Sorry that I'm attaching the example as gif and not as pdf, but the pdf
is too large (100kB) to be accepted by the mailing list...

PS3: Sigh, gnu.org won't let me send gif images, so attached is the example as
png (the jpg would be too large, again).