Re: page breaks related to header size

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: page breaks related to header size
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:13:50 -0700

Jeff Elliott wrote:
I also have (just last night) had a similar vertical spacing problem (2.11.34). I had a piece covering two pages, the majority on the first page, and the page break was where I wanted it. Then I change a bit of the spacing of a text markup (extra-offset) and I lost one of the systems on the first page. I thought, no problem I'll just adjust some of the parameters ( like between-system-padding, between-system-space). But I couldn't get the last system (or sometimes last two systems), back onto the first page. I could get the systems to be closer together, but that would just leave even more space at the bottom of the page (more than enough space for one if not two systems). I adjusted the top margin to something like 1mm and I got my system back, but the systems were way more spaced out than they needed to be, and the small margin at the top was too small. I ended up with finding a different place to break the pages.

Maybe I should note that each system contained a ChordNames, one regular Staff, and another "special" Staff which had a linecount of 0. I had wondered if that last Staff might be confusing
the vertical spacing.
I also could get the page breaking to change with many different small changes in a system. Just moving either of the pitches in my example closer to the staff will allow another staff to from the second page to the first page. In my case it could be related to \RemoveEmptyStaffContext.

Paul