Double choir music with different time signatures

From: Roz Sherris
Subject: Double choir music with different time signatures
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 18:54:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hello folks

I'm transcribing a piece for two 6-part choirs, arranged in 2 ChoirStaffs, Choir 1 and Choir 2. At first the time signatures for both choirs are the same, but part way through they change to separate time sigs: Choir 1 to 12/8 dotted crotchet = 40; Choir 2 to 4/4 crotchet = 40. So bar lines still fall together.  I've tried entering \time and \tempo for each line, but the Choir 2 4/4 over-rides the Choir 1 12/8.  I suppose I could enter all the Choir 1 stuff as triplets in 4/4, but I'd prefer to retain the two different time sigs if possible.

Anyone know of a way of achieving this?

Thanks
Roz