Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:49:25 +0100

> > >Although we _do_ support dynamics in MIDI, I can't claim that we
> > >have particularly good MIDI support... I hate to say it, but it
> > >might be better to look at using a different program if your
> > >primary goal is audio playback.

In my windows era, I used to do fairly complex MIDI arrangments and my
primary source of notes was a Finale score exported as MIDI.

I think you could very well use lilypond syntax only to enter notes
discarding any PDF output. Remember that LP is a valid coding scheme
for music, along with a typesetting engine.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org