Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:58:55 -0800

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:39:58 -0500
Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

> The benefit of LaTeX, coupled with whatever documentclass and
> packages you use, is that you don't NEED to access the code at that
> level.
> Lilypond just doesn't have those abstracted stylesheets.

I'll add that this lack of stylesheets is due to users not
creating them, not a lack of technical support.  In LilyPond, you
could potentially do
\include "helpful-user's-stylesheet.ly"
\bold-rightjustify-header #'"This is my title" #'"This is my name"

It just requires a helpful user to create the stylesheet.

We also now have the perfect place for these stylesheets: LSR.  If
there's any interest in this, we'll add a tag specifically for
stylesheets (or modules or packages or whatever we want to call
them).  These snippets would be just like LaTeX packages: a
collection of commands/tweaks/new layout, which users could
include at their option.

Cheers,
- Graham