Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:50:14 -0500

Hi Graham,

Don't split it up.

I partially agree.

And you don't need explanations.

I disagree!

1. If these are meant in any way to be instructive (like most, if not all, of the LSR!), then there *must* be internal documentation. 2. If these are meant to be combined, then they need documentation, and they should be as modular as possible (e.g., I want to use the Barenreiter page formatting, Nicolas's titling, and Kieren's fancy floating-time-signature hack).

At laest, not for what I'm thinking.

What *are* you thinking?  ;-)

Do normal LaTeX users ever look at the details of packages?

I do... but then again, I'm not "normal".

Do normal C++ programmers ever look at the source code of the
libraries they use?  Ok, in occasional circumstances yes, but
generally not.

All programmers *should* look more at the packages/libraries they use... especially in C++, which is one of the cruftiest languages I've ever seen.

but don't delay this project

That I agree with, 100%.

Cheers,
Kieren.