Re: page breaks related to header size

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: page breaks related to header size
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 02:21:50 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

Paul Scott wrote:
>> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>>> 2007/11/21, Paul Scott <address@hidden>:
>>>>> I've just release 2.11.35.
> It solves both problems in this thread!
>
> Thanks!

Has this issue taken some steps backwards? I compiled both of Paul's
examples in this thread using versions 2.11.32 and 2.11.37. The first one
with headers takes two pages on both versions. The second one without a
header takes two pages on 2.11.32 and *three* pages on 2.11.37.

OT:
I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to fit one piece of music on one page. I
finally tried out the LM trick:
\paper {
       between-system-padding = #0.1
       between-system-space = #0.1
       ragged-last-bottom = ##f
       ragged-bottom = ##f
}
That only squishes the staves together, drops them down to the bottom of the
page and leaves a huge gap between the header and the topmost staff. Arrgh!

-Risto