Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:59:29 -0600

On Jan 14, 2008 1:41 PM, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:58:28 -0600
"Trevor Ba__a" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008 5:48 AM, Valentin Villenave < address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Can I add it to the Google tracker as a Feature Request, priority
> > PostPoned, with a link to this discussion and maybe a "Bounty"
> > label?

Sure.  In general, I dislike adding links to the mailist (I'd rather
have a concise summary for the tracker), but in this case it's probably
worth it.

> If this particular feature does list under such a bounty section,
> I'll be happy to put my name in the "willing to sponsor" column. I've
> been looking for such a feature for quite some time now, especially
> being able to stop arbitrary spanners / hairpins just *before* a
> barline;

Err,
    \set hairpinToBarline = ##f
?  See Dynamics.  It's been in there for ages.

(granted, the discussion is about a more general means of aligning
marks to scores, but this specific case is already covered)

Correct. And, as Mats was pointing out, there is a 'to-barline attribute for spanners which Han-Wen added in last year at about this time when he and I were working on the big spanners package that came out around then.

I need to go back and run some comparitive tests with tupletFullLength, hairpinToBarline, and 'to-barline (on all the different types of Spanner) and see what the results are. In the last flute piece I remember the results coming out all types of odd in that getting all of those different types of system object to end at precisely the spot wasn't possible ... I'll post back to this thread and / or the tracker once I have results ...

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden