Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:39:46 +0200

Hi and thanks,

On Jan 14, 2008 8:28 PM, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Risto: I have changed the sentence. Tell me if it is better this way.

Damn. I already forgot how it was before. :-) Just a couple of
comments – no show stoppers, though. Do what you wish with the
comments below.

I guess the double s is now fixed here. The next paragraph states
"Similarly, in Germanic and Nordic languages...". Finnish doesn't
belong to either Germanic or Nordic language group but this convention
is used here (probably borrowed from Germany).

If the a -> as (a flat) -> asas (a double flat) abbreviation is
documented should the e -> es (e flat) -> eses (e double flat) be
there, too? Of course, if the abbreviation is used also in other
languages and is more widely known than a-as-asas then...

-Risto