Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:50:33 +0100

Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 09:11 -0500, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :
> When I speak with musicians, I almost always say "a quarter-tone
> flat" -- I rarely (if ever) say "a half-flat" or "a quarter-flat".
> But maybe that's just me...

IMHO "quarter-flat/sharp" is non-sense and sounds ugly when speaking of
quarter-tones, and it looks like from emails in this thread that
"half-sharp" is rarely used.  "quarter-tone flat/sharp" is most
meaningful and unambiguous, and it definitely closes any debate between
"quarter-flat" and "half-flat", so I vote for using it in our docs; may
I change it directly in Git?

Cheers,
John