Re: change staff to staff in different context

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: change staff to staff in different context
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:06:49 +0100

The name of the Staff you want to change to is either "rh"
or "lh", since that's the names you have specified for the
staves. It seems that you have confused these with the
names of the variables/macros/identifiers that contain the
actual music.

  /Mats

David Fedoruk wrote:

Hello:

I've used the \change Staff = "upper" command with success in another
score. Now I am using a more complex scheme layout and the staff I
need to change to is in another context. Using \change Staff  =
"lhupper\lhOne" will at least render something. Anything else I've
tried just stops lilypond in its tracks.

this is my layout:

%%%%% snip %%

\score{
        \context PianoStaff
        <<
        \set PianoStaff.instrumentName =  \markup { \large \bold { { "4" }}}
        \context Staff = rh {
                <<
                \context Voice = rhupper { \rhOne }
                \context Voice = rhlower { \rhTwo }

        }

        \context Staff = lh {
                <<
                \context Voice = lhupper { \lhOne }
                \context Voice = lhlower { \lhTwo }

        }

        \layout {
                        \context {
                                \Score
                                \override NonMusicalPaperColumn
                         #'line-break-system-details = #'((alignment-offsets .
(0 -14)))

        \midi { }
}

%%%

I've checked the snippets example, but that doesn't work with my
scheme. I am not just changing staff, the staff I want to change to is
in another context. Lilypond always tells me that " cannot change
`Context' to `rhTwo': none of these in my family". I think I haven't
told lilypond how to find the staff I want it to switch to correctly.
I've tried multiple variants but only get more errors.

Cheers,
David

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing