Re: Different vertical dynamics aligning in 2.10 and 2.11 (Was: Aligning

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Different vertical dynamics aligning in 2.10 and 2.11 (Was: Aligning "sempre pp" with "p"...)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:48:48 +0100

Am Montag, 11. Februar 2008 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
> Of course it's intentional ;-) In version 2.11, there's a general
> mechanism to avoid collisions between different objects outside the stave,
> by moving them up or down if necessary to get them out of the way.
>
> What layout would you like to see? If you want to avoid the collisions,

Okay, I have not been clear enough: The problem with 2.11 is that in
the "normal markup" and in Kieren's solution the "sempre pp" and the "p"
which do not collide, are not aligned vertically, which is -- according to
the books about engraving that I have at home -- a big NO-NO.

Also, I don't understand why lilypond detects a collision in Gilles' solution
(the line in the markup is shifted left, so there should be no markup at the
spot of the p, right?)

Cheers,
Reinhold

PS: I saw that my mail was still too large for the mailing list (stupid
Base64-encoding, which blows up a 50kB file to 70kB...). I'm now attaching a
zipped version of the pdf and the .ly file, which is now hopefully below
64k...