Re: How to do a Barré in guitar music?

From: Daniel Tonda
Subject: Re: How to do a Barré in guitar music?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:00:05 -0600

For the barre in the music this is how I normally do it:

Create a different voice context for the bar and use the arpeggioBracket.applied to a chord, here's the code that would display the image you attached.

%============
\version "2.11.39"

Guitar = \context Staff \relative c' <<
  \time 6/8
  \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t
  \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##t

  \context Voice=uno {
    \stemUp

    \override Fingering #'padding = #2.0
    c'8 [gis a b c <d-4>]
    }
    \new Voice=dos {
    \stemDown
    a,2._\mf
  }
    \new Voice=barre { %% This is a voice only for the barre
      \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t % Dont want to show noteheads or stems, only bracket
      \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
      \arpeggioBracket % This sets the arpeggio toa bracket which is what you want
      <d' gis,>2\arpeggio s4
    }

\score {
  \Guitar