Re: free LilyPond advertising

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: free LilyPond advertising
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:46:01 +0100

Le 24 févr. 08 à 19:56, Joseph Wakeling a écrit :

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
Note that using a clever enough editor, you can have instant audio
feedback when entering notes for LilyPond too. And indeed this is
very useful.

Can you give some examples and some comparisons?

I use a home made emacs mode, named lyqi, which makes it possible
to enter notes and change their duration, alteration, octave, etc,
with few key strokes, and with audio feedback.
The page, with some source code, can be found here:
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/lyqi.html>

I'm using a key map described here:
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2006/07/01/8>

Using that, I've entered all the scores that can be found there
(save Giulio Cesare, that I've typeset before, using denemo).
I would not enter music without it now, because of the speed I
acquired, except keyboard music maybe (lyqi lacks polyphony
support).

It would be great if the canonical LilyPond editor, jEdit+LilyPondTool,
had such a feature, for the few people that have tried quick insert
mode find it very valuable for these two advantages: speed and instant
pitch error check.