Tabulature-clef and spacing

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Tabulature-clef and spacing
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:39:26 +0100

Hello,

I use lilypond for writing some pieces for classical guitar (in combination
with other instruments), and I use both normal and tabulature notation for
the guitar part.

I define the TAB-clef according to http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=323
as follows:
TAB = \markup {
  \raise #1.5 {
    \override #'(font-family . sans)
    \bold\huge
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 2.5)
    \column {
      \hcenter "T"
      \hcenter "A"
      \hcenter "B"

and enable it via

\override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\override Staff.Clef #'text = #TAB

When I use this clef, all other clefs are shifted to the right.
I found out that adding some horizontal shift in the definition above solves
this problem, everything looks o.k. now:

TAB = \markup { \hspace #0.6 % <--!
  \raise #1.5 {
    \override #'(font-family . sans)
    \bold\huge
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 2.5)
    \column {
      \hcenter "T"
      \hcenter "A"
      \hcenter "B"

I don't know whether this is a bug or the solution in the LSR is just for
the "tabulature only" case.

Greetings

Marc

--