BarNumber 'break-visibility

From: Andrew Black - lists
Subject: BarNumber 'break-visibility
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:40:09 +0000

I am a little confused by the following :

         \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)
         \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility
           = #end-of-line-invisible

 - what is the default for before you tweak
 - by setting end-of-line-invisible do  I set the other places _visible_

I want to put bar numbers every 5 I have successfully done but will be more likely to remember it if I understand the thinking behind it.

I have looked at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Bar-numbers#Bar-numbers but still am confused.