Organisation of compositions

From: Thermo
Subject: Organisation of compositions
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 05:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

What advice can Lilypond users give as to the way parts of an arrangement are
organised for re-use?

As an example I have a piece displayed on one staff with guitar chords,
lyrics, melody line, repeats and rehearsal marks.

Is it possible to reuse the lyrics or melody I just completed, via a file or
variable, in another arrangement?
For example I may wish to use the same guitar chords but this time add a
single bass line.

Or do I just start with a fresh file and manually insert the sections I want
from the completed piece?

What I would like any modification to a lyric to flow through the
composition with out multiple edits.

A reference to the manual is fine.