Re: Question about a photo

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Question about a photo
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:00:47 -0300

2008/3/20, Rosendo Reyna <address@hidden>:
> This is the photo I would like to use. I will give you credit for the photos
> and add a link on the website I am creating.

I assume you mean

this is from

Karl Hader. Aus der Werkstatt eines Notenstechers. Waldheim--Eberle
Verlag, Vienna, 1948. Hader was a chief-engraver in a Viennese
engraving workshop. This beautiful booklet was intended as an
introduction for laymen on the art of engraving. It contains a step by
step, in-depth explanation of how to cut and stamp music into zinc
plates. It also contains a few compactly formulated rules on musical
orthography. Out of print.

you may also be interested in the 'notenstich' section of henle's website,