Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:56:09 +0100

John Mandereau wrote
Trevor Daniels wrote:
Grand Documentation Project

The latest draft of the proposed section headings for the reorganisation of NR 2 is now posted on http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/NR2-draft.txt , labelled
Draft 5.

*** This is the final call for comments on this proposed reorganisation. ***

Just a last-minute comment: I'm a bit puzzled about
.6.2 Recorder [new - wasn't there something recently about half-holes?]
as half holes are used on many other woodwind instruments, maybe it'd be
good to give ithis section a more general name like "Woodinds".  Anyway,
there is not much stuff for woodwinds now, so maybe it's too early to
discuss this.

You're right.  But I prefer to introduce a Common notation section
under Wind instruments as we do for Keyboards and several other
sections and place anything about half-holes there.  This means we
would have nothing specific to say about recorders, so that section
should be dropped.  We would then have:

.6 Wind instruments (was Bagpipes)
  .1 Common notation (new)
    .1 Half-holes [new - wasn't there something recently about this?]
     (new)
  .2 Bagpipes (was Bagpipes sections)
    .1 Bagpipe definitions
       (2.7.1.1)