Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:47:58 +0300

Trevor Daniels schrieb:

OK, draft 8 will say:

  .6 Editorial markings
    .1 Annotational accidentals (was Musica ficta accidentals)
    .2 Ligature brackets (was Ligatures)
    .3 Baroque rhythmic notation (new)

We don't have lilypond examples of this. I have seen this in a Novello
score for Purcells Dido. So I suggest we drop this for the moment.
(Though an ossia section might show what the editor want.)

We actually do have some in the list somewhere, I remember (was it Nicolas) somthing about using empty note heads for quarter notes or something like that -- that's what I am referring to.

I would still put the ligature brackets here, as they are an issue of modern editions and not of ancient notation.

And about slurs and the like: they are not specific to ancient notation, so they are covered somewhere else in the NR.

Actually Graham has pronounced that we should not have a task-orientated structure, but just tell about the issues not referring to the context they are used to. But maybe it is still ok in this case.